Don’t Risk It
When designing critical systems, safety should be considered throughout the design process.
Late detection of safety issues can lead to expensive redesigns, recalls or even put human lives in danger.
The leading methods for risk and safety analyses are FMEA (Failure Modes and Effects Analysis), FMECA (Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analysis) and FTA (Fault Tree Analysis).
BQR’s Computer Aided Reliability Engineering (CARE®) software suite is an integrated solution for safety and risk analysis, including:
- Failure Rate allocation for initial design
- FMEA for initial design
- Component MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) prediction for detailed design
- FMECA for detailed design, utilizing predicted MTBF
- FTA for detailed design, utilizing FMECA results
- MTTR (Mean Time To Repair / Replace) analysis for repairable systems. MTTR affects safety because long MTTR increases the probability of combined failures
- Testability Analysis: used to identify failure modes that are not covered by BITs (Built In Tests), and to optimize the BITs plan.
BQR’s software supports Leading Industry Standards
Compliance to Standards
BQR’s safety related software complies with the following standards:
- SAE J1739
- IEC 60812
- AIAG FMEA-4
- EN 50126, EN 50128 and EN 50129
- IEC 61078
- IEC 61508
- IEC 61165
- IEC 61025