BQR’s LORA module automatically compares multiple logistics scenarios and finds the optimal maintenance hierarchy level where each component should be replaced, repaired or discarded.
Furthermore, the LORA module recommends the transportation routes, stocks and repair shops.
The “Repair or Replace” optimization accounts for the cost, transportation and procurement times, as well as required spare parts.
While repair cost is usually cheaper than buying a new component, the repair time can be long, therefore many spare parts have to be procured and stocked. A comparative analysis often reveals that buying new components is cheaper.
LORA analysis software is a Decision Support tool for
- Design of asset / fleet logistics concept
- ROI analysis
- Planning overhauls
Steps for conducting a Level Of Repair Analysis
- Import the block tree, components and failure modes from BQR’s FMECA using BQR’s Core Database
- Alternately, data can be imported from CSV files
- Define project data such as: Life-Cycle period and operation profiles
- Define the reliability model, repair and replace policy for each block
- Define logistics options for the asset including: spare stocks, OEMs, shops, and transportation routes
- Define costs of inspections, maintenance actions, and downtime
- Define resources required for each inspection and maintenance task (optional)
- Define additional scenarios in order to compare cost and availability
- The software validates the user data. If data is missing, user is notified
- Software optimizes the level of repair for each block, as well as transportation routes, stocks, OEMs and shops
- Level of repair report, including a simple and actionable maintenance concept
- All reports can be saved as Excel, HTML or Word files
- Flexible asset behavior model
- Part libraries
- Import tree from Excel or BQR CARE
- Fast analytic calculations
- Detailed help and wizard for beginners and advanced users