Maintenance of large assets is expensive. Best practice KPI for annual maintenance cost is 2% of Replacement Asset Value (RAV), and in most cases the cost is higher.
The challenge is to create a low cost maintenance plan that focuses on the right equipment, and applies the correct strategy (predictive maintenance, inspections, preventive maintenance and/or spare parts) in order to boost performance.
BQR’s apmOptimizer is a decision support system that can compare the expected performance of various scenarios, and automatically optimize the maintenance plan for each scenario.
Improve asset performance while reducing maintenance cost!
Steps for conducting Performance Centered Maintenance analysis
- Import the block tree, components and failure modes from BQR’s FMECA using BQR’s Core Database
- Alternately, data can be imported from CSV files
- Define project data such as: Life-Cycle period and operation profiles
- Define the reliability model, repair and replace policy for each block
- Define logistics options for the asset including: spare stocks, OEMs, shops, and transportation routes
- Define costs of inspections, maintenance actions, and downtime
- Define resources required for each inspection and maintenance task (optional)
- Define additional scenarios in order to compare cost and availability
- The software validates the user data. If data is missing, user is notified
- Software optimization modules optimize the repair / replace policy, spare part stocks and quantities, inspections and preventive maintenance schedules
- Software calculates the expected asset behavior and Life-Cycle Cost (LCC). Additionally, identify key failure and cost drivers
- Compare results of different scenarios
- Detailed reliability and availability parameters for each block
- Detailed maintenance and logistics policies
- Trade-Off: comparison between scenarios
- All reports can be saved as Excel, HTML or Word files
- Flexible asset behavior model
- Part libraries
- Import tree from Excel or BQR CARE
- Fast analytic calculations
- Search and Sort functions
- Notify user if project data is incomplete or inconsistent
- Detailed help and wizard for beginners and advanced users