ECAD – Integration
Advantages of ECAD Integration
fiXtress Plug-In serves as an add-on for any Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tool, including Altium, OrCad and Mentor.
The integration with EDA holds a variety of benefits:
- Improving design robustness by detecting design errors during the schematic phase
- Correcting hard-to-detect design errors before manufacturing
- Streamlining the design process
- Applicable for all industries requiring highly reliable electronics boards
- Accelerating time to market by reducing design cycles
- Optimizing component selection, reliability & MTBF
- Ensuring adherence to derating guidelines
- Optimizing thermal design
ECAD Integration Features
- Simple Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) calculation according to Mil Hdbk 217 parts count, or Telcordia SR-332 issue 3, parts stress. The BOM is automatically imported from the CAD, and the tool also includes a components P/N library for reuse of defined components.
- Component stresses can be easily defined, propagated to other connected components, and displayed in the schematic design.
- Net-name and Net-property generator for standardized and meaningful net names. Netlist data is automatically retrieved from the CAD, and can be updated in order to clarify the meaning and usage of the net. Based on IEC-63238-1.
- Back annotation – Stresses and revised net-names on the CAD schematic drawing.
- Easy connection to fiXtress, provides automated design error detection and automates component derating.
Prepare Data for CircuitHawk
- Automated schematic review according to a flexible rule checker that allows to add user defined rules.
- Circuit simulation and stress analysis for complex circuit designs. The simulation allows to detect additional design errors.